Friday, March 28, 2008

New books

I'm so glad I've learned to be flexible! It allows me to change Science curriculums in March! Ben was going to a Mom school Astronomy class in Utah. Mrs. Roberts used an Apologia book. I've never opened a textbook and saw the word "God". Besides that, it has great resources. I love it so I'm scrapping McGraw Hill for now and switching to Astronomy. I'll probably use their Botany and Zoology books next year. Of course, I might start using this curriculum and change my mind. Sometimes I feel like an alien is inhabiting my mind! I can't beleive how flexible I've become!

I also received the books that Ben was using in Mrs. Roberts' classes for Art and Music Appreciation. I really like the look of these books so we will be incorporating them into our schedule next week.

Benjaman's curriculum this year is a mix of 5th and 6th grade books so we'll use the same books next year. It takes the pressure off finishing the text in one year. Of course, public schools never finish a whole text in one year either!

No comments: