Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Puppies

My puppy...
Benjaman's puppy...

Apparently in a small town in NM they automatically euthanize stray puppies. Theses puppies are only 5.5 weeks old and were still nursing the day my mom took them from under an abandoned trailer's steps. The mama didn't defend her pups or come to my mom. The neighbor's had been putting out food for the mama. All puppies are healthy and doing fine. We have them all weaned. They are still pretty wobbly and their eyes are a little milky still. So Ben's been begging for a puppy for years so now he has his and I fell in love with one too, so now we have 2 puppies. That's 3 dogs total. good thing we live in the country. I think we're a little nuts! But aren't they cute! They are Border Collie/Australian sheep dog mix.

3 comments:

Jonnia Smith said...

Adorable! If I lived a little closer, I'd be begging you to let me adopt one!

Annette said...

They are so sweet! We loved our Border Collie/Aussie, Elly. She was part of our family for 15 years and we still miss her. She loved to "herd" the children :)

Ami said...

I love puppies!